Flexible learning environments at AAU: PBL teaching of today
11.03.2015 kl. 13.00 - 16.00
Seminar, Wednesday 11 March 2015, 13.00-16.00
University teachers today have a wide range of new opportunities in terms of technology and new teaching methods being developed both in relation to PBL teaching and general teaching. At the same time, AAU has an increased intake of students but also less psychical space to live out our traditional PBL model. At this seminar, we will show and discuss concrete examples from all four faculties as to how this challenge can be met and how we in practice can create new and more flexible learning environments to increase the learning for students throughout the university. After the seminar, a catalogue of examples of different learning environments will be developed and distributed.
The presenters at the seminar are part of a working group initiated by the PBL Academy. The seminar will be video broadcasted so all staff at the three campuses are welcome to join.
- 13:00 Welcome
- 13:10 Teaching Parametric Urban Design in a Blended Learning Format: Entering the Pocket University w/ Nicolai Steinø, Department of Architecture, Design and Media Technology (AAL)
- 13:35 Experience with flipped classrooms w/ Janne Bang, Department of Communication and Psychology (AAL)
- 14:00 Coffee, the, cake, and fruit
- 14:15 Experience from ‘Room for learning’ w/ Maj-Britt Quitzau, Department of Development and Planning (CPH)
- 14:40 Executive Education assignments done forward or backwards – Moving forward together w/ Lars Krull, Department of Business and Management (AAL)
- 15.05 Medical education rewritten: Flexible learning in a mixed PBL education w/ Jeppe Emmersen, Department of Health Science and Technology (AAL)
- 15:30 General discussion of ideas presented and discussed and ways to implement them
Looking forward to seeing you!
The PBL Academy - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kroghstræde 3, Room 2.130 in Aalborg and in Copenhagen A.C. Meyers Vænge 15, room 2.1.009
06.03.2015 kl. 17.00